MORRISON HEALTHCARE DIETETIC INTERNSHIP IS LISTED UNDER SANDY SPRINGS, GA- DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Eligible applicants must have completed a Didactic Program approved or accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education of Nutrition & Dietetics (ACEND)
How to Apply: Complete application through the on-line centralized internship application system, which is access at https://portal.dicas.org, by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15th. DICAS fee to submit the first application is $50 and then $25 for each additional application. Ensure that work and volunteer section of the application are complete as this is used to score work experience.
Personal statement: Applicants are required to answer in 1,000 words or less the following questions:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
Transcripts: Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be sent to the DICAS office (DICAS Transcript Department, PO Box 9118, Watertown, MA 02472). FINAL OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED OF ALL INTERNS MATCHED TO THE PROGRAM.
Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent: This statement will be submitted to DICAS by your DPD program director. ORIGINAL VERIFICATION STATEMENT WILL BE REQUIRED OF ALL MATCHED INTERNS PRIOR TO BEGINNING THE PROGRAM.
Recommendations: While completing the application process, the applicant is triggered to provide the name and email address of three references. Each person referenced will receive an email message requesting on-line completion of a reference form. If you are submitting to multiple sites, the same references must be used for each site application. A minimum of one professor or university faculty member the applicant has had coursework with is required as a reference.
Computer Matching: Register through D&D Digital’s website (www.dnddigital.com) by 11:59 pm CST on February 15. There is a $55 fee for this service and applicants can pay with a credit card. If you have questions regarding the computer matching process, contact D&D Digital at 515-292-0490. Apply to Morrison Healthcare Dietetic Internship location on D&D that you want to match to (same as the location you identified on your online Morrison Healthcare supplemental application). Match through D&D will occur on April 5 at 11 am CT.
Supplemental Material: In addition to the application, you will need to complete the online Morrison Healthcare application, and pay the non-refundable $65 fee via debit/credit card by 11:59 pm CT on February 15.
Selection criteria: Applicants scores are based on: Personal statement, GPA, GPA in DPD courses, science grades, work experience (both paid and volunteer), letters of reference, and honors, scholarships and student activities. Based on the overall score, a pre-determined number of applicants will move to the next stage in which the Morrison Healthcare Dietetic Internship Selection Committee will review and evaluate. The internship director or faculty will conduct a face-to-face computer interview with each semi-finalist. The committee will meet for final decision by end of March. The ranked list is then sent to D&D Digital and the applicant will receive notification in April.
Pre-select Process: Current Compass associates, who have been employeed with Compass for a minimum of 6 months, meets the admission criteria, and has a GPA of 3.0, a DPD course average of 3.2, and a Science course average of 3.2 may apply in the pre-select process. Follow the same steps when applying through DICAS and select Morrison Healthcare Dietetic Internship. All required information to apply in the pre-select process for the Spring match is Jan 15. Interested associates should request Morrison Healthcare pre-select application information (in addition to the DICAS application) via email from email@example.com.
Applicants who participate in the pre-select process will be notified of their acceptance/non-acceptance by the end of January prior to the regular DICAS match process. If the applicant is selected for our internship and accepts the slot, the applicant may not participate in the centralized computer match. If the applicant isn’t accepted or decides she/he does not want to be in the internship, she/he may participate in the centralized match.
Morrison Healthcare Dietetic Internship offers an Online Master of Science program in collaboration with the University of Alabama
The internship has established a partnership with The University of Alabama to provide Interns with the opportunity to enroll in a fully online, 30 credit-hour Master of Science program in Human Nutrition. The program is creatively designed to provide foundation knowledge in the summer before rotations start and to coordinate coursework and assignments with the internship rotations. Internship directors work directly with university faculty to align assignments and activities, and most students complete the degree within one year of finishing the program. Acceptance into the program occurs after computer match and out of state tuition rates are waived. Financial aid is available to cover tuition and living expenses, and there is no need for additional letters of recommendation or GRE Scores. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can learn more about the program here: https://vimeo.com/315482115
After Acceptance to Program
Soon after you accept the D & D Digital Match for this program you will receive an email from the Program Director providing information on paper work required to start the internship and dates of orientation in Atlanta. Paperwork includes:
- Criminal background check. This is required to be completed immediately after the match process and the intern has accepted the slot in the internship. If the background check reveals a felony, the intern will be dismissed from the internship and no effort will be made for further placement.
- $1500 non-fundable deposit (that will go toward tuition) within 2 weeks of acceptance to internship. Tuition must be paid in full prior to starting internship. Final payment date will be provided upon acceptance to internship.
- Original Verification Statement of Didactic Program completion.
- Original transcript from the college/university in which the intern receive his/her highest degree (with the confer date).
- Documentation of a complete physical exam within the last 12 months
- Completed and signed Certification of Immunization form to include titers for MMR and varicella, and Hep B vaccination.
- Documentation of tetanus shot, recent TB test and flu shot
- Verification of malpractice insurance.
- Drug testing
- All interns need a computer, computer headset or web cam
- Interns admitted into for the Spring match will be in the internship, September - May. Once you are conditionally accepted into the DI, all the additional material must be submitted to the Director of the Internship per the internship's guidelines. Failure to meet these deadlines may invalidate your admission.
Prior approval for supervised practice: Past experience and additional education beyond the required didactic education requirements may be considered for exemption of specific planned rotations and learning experiences. Interns requesting credit for specific competencies that were achieved through prior work paid experience or education (above master’s level in nutrition) will provide the Program Director documentation specific to each competency. The Program Director will approve and assign the number of hours that are credited.